Personal Injury Lawyer
Electric scooters are a popular way to get around, especially if you need to jet from one place to another quickly in a busy city or when exploring tourist attractions. Scooters are an inexpensive and fun way to get around. However, this attraction has caused scooter users to suffer severe injuries that can linger with them for the rest of their lives.
Most scooter rental companies do not offer helmets to riders, which already puts them in a vulnerable position to sustain a traumatic brain injury. And because these rental companies work hard to reduce and avoid liability, a victim may find it difficult to obtain compensation without assistance from a lawyer.
Accidents involving electric scooters can vary based on the factors of the incident. The most prevalent types of scooter accidents are listed as follows:
- A car driver hits an electric scooter user
- A bicyclist or other pedestrian causes a user to sustain injury
- The electric scooter was poorly maintained which led to user injury
- The electric scooter user crashed due to the presence of road debri or hazards
After a scooter accident, the user may have to deal with:
- Lost wages from missing work
- Medical costs for injury treatment
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- And other losses
As a personal injury lawyer from Pioletti, Pioletti & Nichols would advise, those who have been injured when riding an electric scooter are encouraged to get medical care immediately. Based on the factors of the accident, victims may be entitled to compensation from the other party involved or the scooter rental company.