Uber Accident Lawyer Tampa, Florida
When it comes to choosing an honest, tenacious Uber accident lawyer Tampa, Florida residents tend to look no further than Jeff Murphy Law. For many years, we have successfully recovered compensation for those who have been injured in a rideshare accident. Let us review your case today.
Can I Sue Uber?
Have you been injured in an Uber accident and you are thinking about calling a Tampa, Florida Uber accident lawyer? If not, now is the time to consider doing so. No matter who may have been at fault, you may have the right to file a claim or lawsuit against Uber.
Realistically, an Uber accident lawyer is the most logical person who can help you to understand a case. At Jeff Murphy Law we offer consultations to injured victims and their family members. To help you to understand more about whether you may have the right to compensation, consider these scenarios that tend to be applicable:
- You were a paying passenger of an Uber car.
- You were an occupant in a different car that was hit by an Uber car.
- You were a pedestrian, cyclist, or motorcyclist who was hit by an Uber driver.
- The Uber driver assaulted you.
How to Win a Lawsuit Against Uber
Like any other lawsuits (or claims), your car accident lawyer in Tampa, Florida will need to establish specific facts to collect a settlement on your behalf. These facts include:
- Another party was responsible for the accident.
- Your injuries were the direct result of the accident.
- You have suffered economic and non-economic losses from the accident.
Recovering Your Damages
If the Uber driver is found to be at fault, their policy may not cover your damages – or only to a certain extent. This could be due to low policy limits or that their policy doesn’t cover accidents that occured while the vehicle was being used for commercial purposes. Because of this, Uber offers commercial driving insurance to their drivers. This policy offers coverage:
- From the moment a driver picks up a passenger until they drop him or her off at their destination.
- While the driver is logged into the Uber app and ready to offer their transportation services, but does not currently have a passenger.
If the driver is not logged into the app, or is not transporting anyone, they are not on the clock. An accident that happens at this time will almost certainly not be covered by Uber. In this case, your lawyer may file a claim against the drivers’ own insurance policy. It is highly recommended to consult an Uber accident lawyer in Tampa, Florida to confirm the legal options applicable to your situation.
What if the Uber Driver Was Not at Fault?
In the event of another driver being at fault for an accident that occured while you were in an Uber car, you may be able to file a claim against that person. Sometimes, a lawyer will seek damages from multiple parties, such as Uber and a third party driver. An investigation will take place to determine all responsible parties. Please do not delay in calling an Uber accident lawyer in Tampa, Florida, such as one from Jeff Murphy Law.