Has a loved one died in a car accident?
Has a loved one died in a car accident? You should immediately talk to an experienced attorney to determine your legal rights. A good attorney will immediately investigate the facts of the accident, hire an investigator to inspect the scene, take photographs, and speak with all witnesses. It is also important to determine what kind of liability insurance the at-fault driver has.
There are numerous types of damages that can be recovered for wrongful death. In addition to pain and suffering and emotional damage, the family may also struggle to pay expenses and bills, especially if the decedent was a source of income for the family.
The following types of damages may be recovered:
- Lost support and services to survivors (the nature of the relationship to the deceased, probable future income of the deceased, and replacement value of lost support and services are considered)
- Surviving spouse’s lost companionship and protection, plus pain and suffering
- Minor children’s lost parental companionship, instruction, and guidance, including pain and suffering (all children, not just minors, if there is no surviving spouse)
- Parents of deceased child may also claim damages for pain and suffering
- Medical and/or funeral expenses
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another, you are entitled to compensation for future lost wages, funeral expenses, and medical bills. You should strongly consider hiring a wrongful death or car accident attorney in Tampa, FL. An experienced attorney will take immediate action to help preserve your claim and get you the compensation you deserve.