MVA Lawyer Tampa, FL
Most of us live busy lives, doing our best to juggle competing responsibilities in our home, work, and social lives. As a result, it is not uncommon to find ourselves rushing or nervously racing the clock as we head from one activity to another. Unfortunately, the busier we are, the more likely we are to take risks which endanger our safety and speeding through traffic is one of those risks. As one of the leading causes of car accidents in Florida, speeding not only increases your odds of being involved in an accident, but also increases your chances of suffering serious and potentially life-threatening injuries.
If you were injured or lost a loved one in an accident that involved speeding, please call an MVA lawyer in Tampa, FL today.
Speed Related Car Accidents and Injuries
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) advises that speeding is a factor in more than one third of all car accidents and injuries in the United States, resulting in roughly 10,000 traffic fatalities each year. As a type of aggressive driving behavior, speeding may involve driving over the speed limit or going excessively fast in adverse weather conditions, in school zones, or in areas of road construction.
While some drivers are more likely to speed during traffic jams and when they are running late for school, work, or other events, others engage in speeding simply because they like the feeling of going fast, or as a blatant form of disrespect for other drivers and the law. As a leading MVA accident lawyer Tampa residents trust, we know that many of the speeding accidents involve the later reasons. If it is true that such careless behavior was the cause of the wreck, a Tampa, Florida MVA lawyer might also seek punitive damages. This is on a case by case basis and can be further explained by lawyer, Jeff Murphy from Jeff Murphy Law.
The NHTSA states that consequences of speeding are far reaching, and may include any of the following:
- Decreases the effectiveness of seat belts, child safety seats, and other types of car safety equipment
- Requires an increased response time from drivers when facing changes in road or traffic conditions;
- Makes it more likely for drivers to lose control over their vehicles
- Increases the likelihood of severe impacts among multiple road users and increases the risk for catastrophic injuries
On average, speeding is responsible for about 30 percent of car accidents that occur. Ways that you can reduce your risk of being involved in a speed related accident include:
- Watching for changes in posted speeds, and obeying the speed limits at all times
- Adjusting speed based on weather, road, and traffic conditions
- Allowing aggressive drivers to pass you, rather than increasing your own speed
- Setting realistic goals in scheduling, which allow you plenty of time to reach destinations
An MVA Lawyer in Tampa, FL Is Here to Help
If you or someone you care about is involved in a speed related accident, you may be entitled to damages for the injuries you suffer. Contact Jeff Murphy Law today and request a free consultation with our experienced MVA lawyers in Tampa, Florida. We serve clients throughout Tampa area, and provide the professional legal representation you need to get the compensation you deserve. Call a Tampa, FL MVA lawyer now.