Truck Wreck Lawyer Tampa, Florida
At Jeff Murphy Law, a truck wreck lawyer Tampa, Florida residents trust has witnessed the way that victims of truck accidents can be impacted by such a serious incident. The average truck that is carrying goods and materials weighs about 50,000 pounds, compared to the standard vehicle which weighs around 3,000 pounds. The injury and damage that can result due to a truck wreck can be insurmountable and tragic. That is why we strongly advise anyone who was the victim in a truck accident obtains legal representation promptly afterward so their rights and best interests can be protected.
Why Truck Accidents Happen
Accidents between two standard vehicles are much more common than commercial truck collisions; however, because trucks are much larger, they can cause substantially more damage. Commercial trucks are monstrous in comparison to other cars, and it is easy to feel how intimidating they are when driving next to them on the road. There are many reasons why a truck accident may happen, including the following:
- Truck driver fatigue
- The driver is under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Poor maintenance of the truck
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Speeding and overtaking another vehicle
- Poor truck driver training or lack of experience
Serious Bodily Injury
In addition to property damage, serious bodily injury can occur due to a truck accident. Physical injuries tend to be more serious when a commercial truck is involved, compared to two passenger cars. Injuries can be so severe that a person may have to continue managing them for the rest of their lives. This may mean that a victim is entitled to current and future anticipated medical expenses for their condition.
To increase your chances of getting the maximum compensation possible, we strongly suggest contacting a truck accident lawyer Tampa, FL residents trust at Jeff Murphy Law for more information. Examples of common injuries that occur due to truck accidents include:
- Spinal cord damage
- Neck and back injuries
- Brain injuries
- Internal injuries/bleeding
- Cuts, broken bones, and bruising
Steps to Take Immediately Following a Truck Wreck
After a truck wreck, you may feel disoriented and almost like you’re having an out-of-body experience. This kind of thing only happens on TV, right? Or maybe you think that it happens to other people and the only times you have to deal with a truck accident are when you are forced to slow down in traffic after one has occurred. However, truck accidents are more common than most people may think. That said, not everyone is prepared for one when they happen. The attorneys at Jeff Murphy Law believe one of the best things you can do is be prepared for any and all types of accidents, including truck accidents. There are certain steps you should walk through after a truck accident like this has occurred that will help you on the road to recovery and on the road to filing a claim.
What can you do?
- Don’t leave! If you decide to leave before exchanging information or before the authorities get to the scene, it is possible that they will charge you with a hit-and-run—you may not even be responsible for the accident! Always stay at the scene until you are told you can go. You can leave to go to a hospital if you need medical attention, however.
- Call 9-1-1. One of the best things you can do after an accident of this magnitude is to call the authorities. If the accident is particularly bad, you may need police to come out and file an accident report or you may need them to send first responders.
- Document the scene. You may think that this is the police officer’s job when they get to the scene of the accident but it cannot hurt to take your own photos. You may know where the accident occurred more precisely than the officers and you may remember something you saw while you were driving that could have contributed to the accident.
- Cooperate, but don’t overshare. It is always important to cooperate with the police at an accident scene and be respectful. However, you do not need to accept blame or even point fingers. This will come out when your attorney files your claim.
- Call your lawyer. Finally, you should call your lawyer to get started on your truck accident claim as soon as possible. You want to make sure you have them working on your legal case while you physically and emotionally begin recovering.
What to Do Next
If you or a family member was recently in a truck accident, the first priority is to get medical care as soon as possible. We also understand that you may not have the funds to get the type of treatment you need. If this is the case, then we urge you to call us right now so we can assist you. We can handle your insurance claim, speak with insurance adjusters, contact the truck driver’s employer, investigate the accident more in-depth, and perform other tasks to help you get maximum compensation for what happened.
For immediate support, call Jeff Murphy Law to speak with a Tampa truck wreck lawyer in Florida now.
Get access to our a+ team today.
Our firm is renowned for its professionalism, earning recognition from both institutions and fellow attorneys who entrust their clients to us.View the Team
Bank of America Plaza, 101 E
Kennedy Blvd 39th Floor,
Tampa, FL 33602
Feel free to reach out to any of our lawyers for a chat
Our team is always ready to assist(813) 553-5517
free case evaluation